It’s that time of year — dry skin and scratchy lips are a couple things I really dislike about winter. This recipe puts a bit of shimmer back into your smile while moisturizing your skin. It’s simple to blend and makes a lot, so be sure to pass on the bounty to your friends and family!
What You Need:
- a glass measuring cup
- a small whisk
- several small jars or containers
- measuring spoons
- cheese grater, for grating the beeswax
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3.5 tbsp grated beeswax
- 24 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Combine the jojoba oil, grapeseed oil and beeswax together in the glass measuring cup. Place in microwave and heat in 20 second increments, whisking in between, until the beeswax has melted and the ingredients are well-blended.
2. Remove from microwave and whisk in the essential oil.
3. Pour the solution into the containers and allow to harden uncovered until cooled.
4. Label your handiwork and pass along the extras to your friends and family!