In light of wanting to spin all the luscious fibre I’ve been dying, I wound an old merino single from last year off of one of my bobbins. It’s 485′ in length–I haven’t checked the WPI yet, but it feels like sock weight. I’m pretty happy with the consistency I managed with this as, at this point, I had only begun to spin thinner singles. I’m not sure what I will do with it right now, as it is a highly-energized single. I may try making a Dream Swatch (warning! link opens a PDF!).
I also sat down and made some stitch markers. They range from 3cm – 6cm in length, and use a combination of amethyst, sodalite, and agate beads. They will fit on needles US size 8 and smaller. I think they’re awfully pretty and might even have to make some for myself! No two are the same as I made them at whim. I will be listing these for sale in my etsy shop at some point.
Today we’re having a Brew ‘n’ Q in the backyard while Alan, my husband, brews yet another batch of beer. I’m hoping to sneak in some gardening, too–and a trip to the Herb and Spice for milk.
Maybe I’ll take my brand-new funky grocery cart out for its inaugural run!