So much to say, such a short attention span:
- Heading out to Ukiuk tomorrow night with Auntie H and the kids, maybe DH also. I saw it before the Jim Cuddy show and it was pretty fantastic. I want to show the kids so that I can explain that it was actually someone’s *job* to work on something that awesome and inspiring.
- Disassembling shelving and reassembling it elsewhere, and sorting/sifting through the resulting ephemera seems to be for me the female equivalent of male “ripping and tearing” projects that inevitably commence with the onset of Spring. I relocated another bookshelf and spent a happy afternoon filling it up again.
- I scored a 1.5L Pyrex bowl to complete my set as far as bowl sizes go, but it’s the wrong era. It will do, though, until I get the red bowl — at which point I will regift it to someone who enjoys retro kitchenware as much as I do. I’d really like to get ahold of some pieces of the ‘Primary Colors’ refrigerator dishes.
- Also found a bunch of Region 2 dvds — picked up the first two seasons of nip/tuck (and am hopelessly addicted now, thankyouverymuch!), as well as Season 4 of Alias.
- Can’t stop eating grapefruit. Can’t. Stop. No. No stopping. Nuh unh. I’ve an uncontrollable craving — have been eating several a day.
- Am constantly amazed at how #1’s reading ability has been progressing. It’s incredible to me how fast he has latched on to it and I’m trying very hard to ensure that he a) never runs out of fun reading material and b) is being challenged. What I like best are the moments when he reveals how well his critical reading skills are being honed. He’s a future skeptic in training — it’s a little scary.
- I am *so* going to see this in the theatre — and I only care enough about a film to see it in the theatre about once every three or four years! It would be dirty and wrong to admit that watching the trailer made my nipples hard, right? ..Thought so — just forget I said that. 😀